View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Isaiah
Dismember

Hi Staci.

Most of us here were at some point felt like we were hopeless cases and had trouble seeing the way out. I can promise that you can get out of that hole. It isn't always the most pleasant journey, but it is one you can do.

I myself saw a lot of my friendships fade, my family relationships suffered, as well as a mass of other problems all from my drinking. I also have been diagnosed with mental-emotional problems and I'm getting treatment for them as well as for drinking. It is hard to believe at first that people can be forgiving and that situations do improve. Yet, they do, more and more, the further you get from constant drinking. I've been undertaking my recovery now for about 10 months, and while there's still a lot of work for me, it has been one of the best decisions I could've made.

This is a very helpful forum. If you want to ask for specific advice on a particular problem you're dealing with there is bound to be a dozen or so people here who've been in similar situations that can offer you suggestions. Also, this is a great place just to talk through your troubles in an anonymous way. There are people here who have made new, sober lives spanning years, and some who are starting off just like you.

Welcome.