Thread: Consequences
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SelfSeeking

Consequences

One caught up with me today... big time. I have done a lot of pissing and moaning on SR about a certain paper. It's been this horrendous thing that should have been completed at the end of spring semester, and I got an extension to finish it over the summer. It wasn't finished last spring because I wasn't holding my sh!t together as my drinking and hangovers and not dealing with stress/pressure was all building. Then this summer I completely lost said sh!t, depression ran me over like a freight train, and I hit bottom and started the process of getting sober. (Thanks to this site. )

I came back to school this semester thinking I could finish the paper, maintain sobriety and get the depression dealt with, and carry on with the current coursework. I haven't been able to do it. I did turn the paper in yesterday, but a week past the final deadline the prof and I agreed upon, and I had been so... Ick. I guess part of me had hoped on the deadline she had forgotten. I don't know what I was thinking. I was anxiety ridden and the depression is still kicking my @ss, and I have not been holding it all together. Except my sobriety. I still have that.

The prof has decided that although my work was fine and acceptable, she really can't pass me due to the lack of professionalism my letting the deadline pass showed. So basically I can't progress in my program. I need to request to be allowed to take the class again... meaning leaving for the rest of this semester, coming back in the spring.

I feel numb... so bad I'm blank. I'm just very very sleepy.