View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lostnfound1961
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Thank you everyone. It feels good to still be sober. It's funny how you can get to that place and want to just give up, and then when you get to the other side of it, you can see that it would have been such an over reaction, not to mention the worst thing you could do. It had nothing to do with me wanting to get drunk or feeling the buz, I wanted to numb out and not be angry or hurnting and the thing is, if I had drank..... All of those things would be my constant companion, my life would be hell again and it would take an act of God to get back what I have today.

A lot of people in the meetings I go to have refered to alcohol as their best friend. I don't see it that way. I see alcohol as the enemy, a con man.

Alcohol is like a lover who comes to you with the promis to make you anything you want to be. You can have anything and everything. I, and I alone can do this for you. I can help you belong. Be like those others who have friends and laugh. You can be one of the beautiful people. All I ask is that you take one sip....

But in reality...... All alcohol does is take. It takes your youth you pride and self respect. It takes everyone in your life (even you) All It asks is that you take one sip and give up your soul.
D