View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sodetermined
Formerly known as soconfused11

Acknowledging the craziness may help you find your way out of it in the future.
It's good to take stock of how you are feeling.
I guess I am kind of stuck in "acknowledging the craziness", I've known it for probably 2 years...but just lately have I really started feeling like I'm not in love anymore, like I stay for reasons of comfort, and guilt. I love/care for him, but it's not the same. I feel like all the hurt/lies/abuse (mostly verbal) has eaten away at the being "in love". I guess I've moved forward SOME, in that instead of fearing he would find someone, begging him to come back home, and constantly worrying what he does, and bitching about him wanting to go hunting to "please go" so I can have peace. I guess that is progress? Sure seems slow. I guess I've surrendered the need for controlling him so much to just being....unhappy.

Does this man bring beauty and peace to your life? What does he contribute other than insanity and guilt?
Not at all. I honestly don't now. Comfort, I guess. How sad is that that I am comfortable? It's the way I grew up.

Imagine how Ryan feels in the midst of this. You're an adult and it's driving you crazy. Imagine what's going on in the mind of a child.
I don't know what scares me most, that he will act like Chris, or end up in a relationship with someone that doens't treat him right.