Old 10-05-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Selfseeking is absolutely correct about abusive relationships.

Please consider reading the stickie in the womens forum about abuse it has some great information in it. No one deserves to be physically or verbally abused. All too often it happens to women in alcoholic relationships. I for one married two abusive husbands. The first one started out verbal and escalated to physical before I left him. The second one took less than a year into our relationship to turn into physical abuse from verbal. It was only when I finally got sober that I was able to understand what a healthy relationship is. Today I know I do not deserve to be abused by anyone. My relationships today are based on a mutual trust and respect.

Sobriety is possible. SR is a good place to start. For me I need more than just the internet for my sobriety. I also attend AA on a regular basis. It provides things I can not get online. I encourage you to find a meeting as there you can find support, a sponsor, a home group (a group where people know you and care enough to call you when you are not there), and you can also learn how to apply the Steps and Principles in your life.

Take care and welcome to SR.