View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
LosingmyMisery
Today's Muse

I'm sorry you are hurting, least. I know how hurtful it can be when dealing with our children. I have had my children choose to leave to live with their father before. You know, if you don't give me what I want, I'll go to Dad's. They always end up coming back.

One of the hardest things I ever had to do was send my daughter to live with her Father. We do live in the same town, but it was still very difficult. She was making bad choices and getting into a lot of trouble. She was only 13 and was heading down the wrong path and I had to intervene. With my work, I was gone from home long hours and couldn't supervise as I needed.

It has made the world of difference in her life. She is doing much better and she has a family and they do things together. They are not the Cleaver's by no means, but it was only the two of us at home and we couldn't afford to do fun things. Of course I know it is much more than doing things, but I wanted her to be able to participate in more activities. I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes we have to really hurt to do what is best for our kids. As a Mother, I can't help, but feel guilty. I love my daughter, but I know she will be okay. I wish the same for you and your daughter. I hope you can work through this and can find the best solution for the both of you. Hugs...