Thread: Weak/Strong
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

I think it's a vicious cycle. I start thinking about all the BAD things, and pretty soon all I can see are the BAD things. I don't even notice the good things.

I like Anvil's suggestion of taking a little time out. And, if you can, during that short period of peace and solitude, give yourself some congratulations for how far you have come. You realize you don't deserve the treatment you are getting. Did you even think about that before? You know you have to make some changes. Did you know that before? You've come a long way, so pat yourself on the back, okay?

I stayed stuck for a long time, even when I knew I wanted out. Why? Because I kept looking at EVERYTHING that had to be done. Then I would just get overwhelmed and give up. As soon as I made the decision to start doing little things, I started making progress. So maybe hiring an attorney, filing for divorce, and leaving is too much to bite off right now. So, how about getting your hair done instead. Take a little step and it will make the big steps seem more within reach. Recovery has no deadline or timeline. All you can do is keep heading in the direction you want to go.

L