View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Couple of thoughts here Lindsay..... A couple of questions you may want to ask your self honestly:

1. Which is more important to you, your sobriety or your friend?
2. Will your friend destroy your sobriety?

If you really value both your sobriety and your friend you may want to check out Alanon, trust me, you are not the only recovering alcoholic living with or friends with a still practicing alcoholic.

I've been thinking about telling her not to take it the wrong way, but that I'm finding it difficult to live with her and think it would be best if we went our separate ways.
Be open and honest with her, she needs to understand and know what her actions are doing to you, if you do not tell her she will never know what she could do to change things.

It's just that we have this house together...and I don't want to feel like I'm being indecent and inconsiderate in leaving.
If you have been open and honest with her and she continues to do what she is doing then the only person that should feel any guilt is her, because she is the one being indecent and inconsiderate in continuing to do what she KNOWS bothers you.