View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kelsh

Unhappy Cymbalta.....getting off....

Hi,

I have not taken this antidepressant, but did take Zoloft. I did go off one antidepressant for a short time called Effexor XR...it is a SSRI and hard to get off...This doctor mistakenly took me off it....when reading an old letter from my psychiatrist when my regular doc was on vacation.

He had me cut it from 300 mg to 150 mg in one week...then down to 75 mg the next week...than nothing from then on. I felt terrible...got so deep & darkly depressed that I did nothing for Christmas...not one thing!

When my doc got back she took one look at me and asked what happened???
I told her and she titrated me slower but right back up to the 300 mg once a day. I was also taking Lexapro which is another SSRI...which the male doc increased to 20 mg but my doc reduced it back to the 10 mg with the 300 Effexor XR. :ghug2

This amount of Effexor is above what is recommended for a maintenance dose but is what my body needs & works and has worked for about 15 years.
What happened to the old saying...It it isn't broke don't fix it!!!!!

I would certainly talk with your doc about what is happening. You shouldn't have to go through all that if he is titrating your med down in a way that doesn't cause so much discomfort. :sorry

kelsh