View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
orviske

Originally Posted by TooMuch4TooLong View Post
Orviske you are already a single mom. You are the one supporting your little one to be, not him. Honestly even though I know it is scary to think of going through child birth with out him wouldn't it be great to not have him around for a bit? You could think of it as an opportunity to take a vacation from stress before your baby is born and get the rest you are going to need once the baby is born.

Being a single mom is not all that bad, I know first hand. I love being a single mom to tell you the truth. Yes it is challenging and sometimes frustrating and now she is at an age where it can be scary but I would not trade my experience as a single mom for anything in the world. I have a daughter who is independent, strong and sure of herself and I believe that is because she was raised by a single mom. You'll be ok, you will actually be amazed how powerful you really are. Peace lil'mama!

I am not at all worried about being a single mom. I chose it almost.....

When I found out I was pregnant---A didn't want to keep the baby. We decided that was best. Then I put a lurch in the plan and decided that I wanted to keep the baby....the time was right in my life---I have an education, I've started a career.....

And somehow, I kind of know how it will end up.

It would be good to take a vacation from him. Concrete boots is what I'm wearing these days. Today I am cleaning and taking inventory and formulating a plan in my head.

He has been sober.....but I know it won't be long before he's not.

Thank you for your reply. I heart single moms (my step mom was one for YEARS!!!)

K