Thread: Weekend Update
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Silverberry1331
Looking for the silver lining

Hi Redd,

Even after the AH moved out...had his crazy OW throw things and destroy his stuff, had to live in his car, had his back child support back up on him, had no money, no income, no food, no support...he still won't get help.

On Friday, I saw him to give him mail, and he said he made all these terrible mistakes...he said he missed his wife and he loves his wife..."is it over? Are we never getting back together?" These questions are too much for me to answer right now. The safest response for me was, "Are you in recovery? Have you gone to AA?" No...he still wants to "do it himself." Nothing has changed.

On Saturday, I spoke to him briefly regarding his son. After five minutes of speaking with him, I could hear he had been drinking. I realized that he is going to have to hit bottom on his own. I love this man, but I can't save him.

Your wife needs to hit bottom. Remove the safety net, Redd. For your sake and hers...Your co-dependency is killing you and her. Every time you rescue her or give her time, it destroys your wellbeing, and it destroys her ability to hit bottom and perhaps gain soberity.

I think it was GiveLove who once said that her parents almost "loved me to death." That is a powerful statement

We are loving our spouses to death! For both your sakes...:codiepolice