View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hellma

No More Letting Go???

Has anybody read the book "No More Letting Go" by Debra Jay. I was reading an excerpt from the book talking about how new studies have shown that addicts recover quicker with the help of their families and they should not necessarily hit bottom to start their recovery process. You ca read the excerpts for yourself at www dot nomorelettinggo dot com.

What do you all think about this new somewhat revolutionary idea stated in Debra Jay's book? It seems like it goes totally against what most of us here have learnt through personal experience, i.e. that the alcoholic has to hit bottom and take action himself/herself.

Anyhow, I tend to keep an open mind and do believe in research so I am interested in reading the book just out of curiosity and want to find out more about this different approach. Could it be that all of us are missing the boat? Things like this bring back the codie in me and make me doubt my decision to kick my AF out.

I would love to hear what others think about the above and I am so glad I have SR in times like this where I can share my thoughts and get needed reassurance.

Hellma