Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Silverberry1331
Looking for the silver lining

Hi,

I understand how you feel. I had the same thing with my husband. He is an alcoholic and all the same conditions apply..including child support...including no job (and now filing for social security). I had the same fear about kicking him out with no family, no friends, no money, no job...just his tiny car. He cried, begged, and pleaded, but never did anything to recover. I kept the home running.

I finally could not do it anymore...emotionally and financially...I was becoming an old woman before my time and my entire life was suffering because of it. I hated going to my own home. See some of my posts...it was like the exact same thing.

There are shelters. There are food banks...there are churches....there is recovery (and a network of great people in recovery who would give the shirt off their back to help someone who is serious about cleaning up). If he can find people to drink with at the bars, he can find the people to get sober with. My AH is alive and kicking...he found a way not to be on the street.

Please. Go to Al-anon. Read the posts from those who have found recovery. Eventually you will get stronger and get to a better place. You will also allow him to perhaps hit bottom and realize he needs help. If you read some of the posts from recovering alcoholics, they ALWAYS say the best thing that happened to them was being turned out by family and friends. It led them to a better, sober place and they now have REAL happiness.

Blessings.