View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Alaia

why is it that when the addict gets to detox...you finally get the truth. I dropped him off last night...and then the volcano of lies errrupted. His mom called me...had no idea he was in detox. She had co-signed a car loan for him a few years ago, it got re-powed last fall and because he hasn't made any payments on the car the lawyers are going after her. They are going to garnish her wages from work and now his dad is out of work due to an injury that will require surgery, so he is not getting his full pay and they are 2 months behind on their morgage payments and the lawyers have also put a lean on his parents house. So not only is he homless after he is out of detox, his family might be out of a home. So he calls me last night and I tell him this and told him I do not want to speak to him ever again. Today I go to the bank and my account is off. He stole checks from me again (I thought I hid them so well) 6 checks in 3 days this week mon-wen for a total of $350. and I wonder why I am so surprised and shocked at this...yet again. Stupid stupid me. You all tried to tell me to run the first time, and yet I thought if I gave him a chance he would recover. I really thought he hit rock bottom. Thank you to whoever posted What and Addict does in the stickies cause it's the truth and I should have been smart enough to know the first time. :codiepolice