Old 09-25-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
HopeTo180
Turning it all around

Originally Posted by NYC_Chick View Post
he can go out and find someone who will do everything he wants, just like I used to do... I feel used all over again by him... He still plays games to suit him and uses whomever will allow it. He is still just as selfish as he was when we were together... I once said I could drain the blood in my body for him and it still wouldn't be enough... I, again, have to compromise everything.
NY,
Some men take all the attention and give nothing in return. This causes you to give more. You begin to find yourself with nothing left. To give so much that it changes YOU, is the limit! During your time abroad, think about this. Set your limits. Retain enough energy for yourself. Look early, in a relationship, for return energy. It's a two way street. A give and take, from each side. You're a giver and you feel good doing so but there should be a limit. You may be attracted to the takers of the world because this allows you to feel good giving. Find a balance where you remain true to yourself while giving, this is where you will be the happiest. Recognize the vacuum that will suck you in. Don't fall for it again. You may very well be attracted to men that need help. This allows you to be a care-giver. You may want to try a man that has his sh_t together. You are more than what you can give. Realize you have value just being you. Realize just being in your presence is a blessing. The most important person in the world is YOU. Keep this rule and everything else will fall into place. Awareness of your weakness may be all that you need to find the happiness you deserve. Prayers