View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blessed4x

Was it a process or an event?

For those of you that are seperated/divorced, I was wondering how you made that final decision? I've been sitting on the fence for a while now, waiting for a strong wind to blow me over.

I keep waiting for the "big thing" that will push to make that decision. For so long I had hoped that I could make him so miserable he would leave. Now I see that for the game playing it was. There's really no handbook on 10 easy steps to leaving your spouse, is there? I look over the things he has done over the past couple years. I'm not into war stories, but maybe a little validation would be good.

I've been locked out of my house with 2 babies in PJs when the temp was below 0. I was told by him "I'll knock every F-ing thing off this table and you'll pick it up if I ask". He drove our son to baseball after downing half a fifth of vodka (at 2 in the afternoon while I was at work), lied about it, then called me the "B" when I pressed the issue. Those are just a few.

He's never physically hurt me or the kids, he's really pretty wonderful when he's not drinking. But he won't stop on the weekends, and I can't make him. I don't know what I keep waiting for, but it seems like there should be something that makes it so bad I quit.