View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
marle

If you want your son to have the car, put it in his name. That way if he happens to kill or injure someone, you will not be responsible. If he gets caught with drugs in the car, you will lose it anyway. If you don't want him to have the car, then take it back. There comes a time that no matter how much we scurry around trying to clean up their messes, it stops working. When I stopped cleaning up my daughter's messes, she continued for a while making more. But eventually she decided she wanted something better. So she got her butt to rehab, stayed at the halfway house, and when she came home she got herself a job. She is trying to clean up $8,000 worth of bills in collections. Today she went and got money orders to pay on two of them. She has paid off the smaller ones and now is working on the bigger ones. You need to let him grow up. Believe me I know it is hard, but you are not doing him a favor by sacrificing your life. It won't keep him clean, it won't make him grateful, it won't prevent his crises. It will only make you more miserable and delay him facing the consequences of his choices and lets him off the hook for taking responsibility for himself. Sending prayers that you find a way to say NO and mean it. Hugs, Marle