View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
RufusACanal

"Long before my 90 days were up I knew aa was not for me, but remaining sober was my goal....I followed thru with my commitment to myself...did my 90 in 90...eventually by 10 months sober I was down to a meeting a week...the way that Bill intended it to be...confident that I no longer needed any face to face support, I left."

"How many people do you think that gem has killed...."

That would include me then and with all due respect Bugs, that gem helped save my life. Each man and each woman so afflicted who wants to stop drinking, stop the insanity has to make a decision to live free. Bugs, you made a life changing decision and followed it with action and I proud to say as your friend you that you are free. You took what worked for you and you did something with it; you followed through with your commitment! You did not do it my way; you did it the way that worked for you, but no matter what way you did it you are sober and growing stronger one day at a time. Those that blame, whine and complain will continue to suffer because they refuse to change. It is far easier to blame someone or something else for their plight in life, than to take responsibility for their thoughts, behaviors and actions. I understand that some are incapable of been honest and have greater issues than Alcoholism and I cannot help these men and women until they are willing to change and make the commitment you did.

Peace and love.