View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
nogard
everything is already ok

Some things I have to acknowledge and hand over to a power greater than myself.

I cannot count the number of times I drove under the influence and in blackouts coming to much later (I came out of one blackout in a plane on my way from Melbourne to London!).

I hear people say things like; '... its a miracle I was not killed..." while I rther think, thank god my hp looked after others while I was out of control behind the wheel.

Thank god life is not like that anymore, in fact I hardly recognise myself in there anymore.

Kevin

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
I've been feeling really anxious lately, so I just now went down a few streets to the store to get some caffeine-free diet Pepsi (yeah, I know...exciting!).

Well, while walking up to the checkout, I witnessed a rather loud guy purchasing a bottle of booze (I knew he was blowed). The cashier sold it to him anyways. After he walked away, I walked up to the counter to pay for my pop (the fumes from his body were lingering in the air) and asked the cashier some questions, like: "Don't you have the right to refuse to sell?" She said, "Yeah, but we're about to close anyway. That's the third time he's been in tonight to buy booze." She seemed pretty indifferent.

I left the store shaking my head...Now I'm kicking myself. I don't know if he was planning on driving. It didn't even occur to me to hang out by the store and see if he got behind the wheel. I didn't have my phone with me because for once I left it at home--not that it would have mattered because I wasn’t thinking clearly anyways. I got absorbed into my own thoughts about alcohol and drunkenness. I don't know if he even got into a car. I don't know if he's behind the wheel now. I really hope he doesn't kill anyone.