View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sistergldnhair

Unhappy New to the forum

I am the mom of a 22 year old son. My boy is an addict and heroin is his DOC.
Back in June he went to his first rehab...for three weeks. He slipped once and was so distraught about it, but he picked himself up and dusted himself off. Then a few weeks later, he slipped again, and was upset..told me "I can't get my Sh*t together, I don't know what to do". So I tried not to coddle, and said you know what to do, do your program...take your Suboxone, go to meetings..blah blah blah. At this point he was snorting heroin, (he started doing oxy's and vicodin, percocet a few years back I found out).

About a month ago, all hell seemed to break loose and the demon came back, full force. Now he is shooting heroin, all the signs were there, found a needle hidden in his room, the looped belt hanging in his room, and not to mention how easy it is to see it on their face. That still amazes me is that they don't realize it shows immediately, and are shocked that people can notice.

So I approached him about going back to rehab..and the ending result is that tomorrow he is leaving, we live in NY, and going to FLorida. I've been on the phone with them all week,and they talked to my son, and last night he said Ok he would go.

I was very close to using the "Get Help or Get Out" which honestly, I know I would have had to do, but it would have ripped out my heart. I'm trying to save his life, and I hope when he detoxes and his eyes open a bit, he will see this. My hope for him is that he'll stay on at this place after the 30 days, and go into their halfway house, but I don't want to scare him yet, so that he doesn't go.

So, I'll be here, reading and getting to know all you great folks. Thanks for being here.