View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

My son is nearly 25 and he has had much trouble with the law. He is an aggressive drinker but when drugs are taken he can be absolutely horrific. Apparently there is much I dont even know about and my other sons hate being around him. My sons have always been close and have put up with his erractic behaviours up until now.
Truth is, sometimes I blame myself (I know, I know) It all started when I left his father when he was about 12. The breakup was bad and my ex took it out on the kids. It was a bad situation all round. I just wonder if things would have been different if we had stayed together. My AS just went off the rails, started taking mariuanna, other stuff and alcohol. I kicked him out of home at 16 because of the disruptive nonsense. We tried to help him in many ways before that but it just got worse. I guess I feel guilty about that too. You know, maybe if I kept him home things would have been different. Who Knows!! I guess Im only human and care for my son. The funny thing though, we have a really good relationship. He will talk to me but he also will crawl under a rock. I have gone backwards this week but I will stay strong.
Thanks for your kind words. I just needed to get it off my chest yesterday.