View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Toomutch

Wink A sweet way to end the day

Despite all that is going on right now, tonight my own heart did a flip-flop for my daughter.

About an hour ago the boy from next door texted Kaylee and asked her if she could come outside and hang out. She said no because she was busy with her homework. A half hour later I was quizing her for her test and the boy across the street rang the doorbell asking if she could come out side and she said maybe when I finish my homework. A few minutes later we heard some kind of a thump against her upstairs bay window in her room. We didn't think much of it. Well finally Mark the boy next door texted her and said "Kaylee, please look out your bedroom window"!

She and I peeked out through the blinds and there stood Mark in the middle of the road "we live on a quiet street". There in front of him in huge letters made from chalk the message on the road said " Kaylee will you please go to Homecoming with me.

I've never seen her smile quite like that before. Then she said "mom what should I do?" I told her whatever she wanted to, and then she went out front to accept. This will be her first date, she and Mark are Freshman and they will be going with a group of other kids.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. She is my baby.