View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Pajarito

Originally Posted by isitme View Post
Oh these are the things I think on a daily basis. Detachment just doesn't seem like a reasonable option to me. I don't seem to be able to combine the "detaching" with the "with love" part. It's seems so pointless to try to remain with someone you have to purposely put out of your mind. I'm sure there are better ways of explaining it, but you get the idea.

. . .I just want to let go and move on but I don't seem to know how.
Detachment confused me too. One day I realized that from morning until I went to bed at night I was trying to detach. Light bulb!!! What is the point of being with a person whom I can't be engaged with- most of the time? Detaching was protecting me- but is it a healthy marriage if I am trying to protect myself from him?

I didn't know how to let go either- he left me. It was a gift- although he probably wouldn't see it that way. All I can say is I believe things happen for a reason in their own time.

Oh- and as for this thread- I decided that I don't give a d*** what problems a person may have- be nice or leave. Being drunk doesn't excuse bad behavior- and I no longer put up with subjecting myself to it.