Old 09-10-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by Bradster View Post
Man it is so frustrating! I haven't worked for a few months after heavy drinking, I'm presently living with my dad and he's currently taken up work.

Now I have told him every day for a few weeks don't get me any alcohol, but he gets it every day. I seriously want to cry - he knows I have a problem I think, and I try to make him realize by 7 in the evening I am over the worst - but it's no good. I tell him I'm getting mini seizures...no good. I've seriously asked my sister if I could move in with her but she said no, I don't really blame her, she has her hands full with her kids. It's just incredibly hard - I don#t think my dad cares. He says stuff like 4 cans of beer arent too bad, even though I always drink more.

I don#t know where I could go go with no funds, when you spend most of the day trying not to drink.....

Willing to go to any length..... Most of us are surrounded by alcohol, to some extent. And expecting sympathy or understanding from drinkers, some of whom may be alcoholic themselves, is pointless. If you want to remain sober, you'll figure out what you need to do. Good Luck.