View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

I think I'm doing pretty good. Saturday, on my way to the post office, I passed a dead cat in the road just a couple blocks from my house. When I got to the post office, I found that one of my eBay items had been sent back by the post office for being .17 short on postage (my local post office had simply stuck a .17 stamp on it and threw it back in the outgoing mail ). I got a letter from my old bank saying I was overdrawn amounting to $110 in fees. My Paypal debit card had been using my old bank account from before I moved (small bank, no branch here) for backup funding and I had no money in that account. I changed my bank account for Paypal, but didn't realize that the backup funding source for my debit card had to be changed independently. That morning would have been the perfect reason to say !@%* it, but I got on the horn with my old bank, and the girl reassured me that it would be okay, and would have a manager call me on monday. The manager called yesterday, and said she would remove the NSF fees as long as I send money to cover the amount of the withdrawals, which is in the works. I would have drank for nothin'! Yesterdays thread didn't bother me too much either.

Today is day 21, kind of symbolic because I did a 21 day inpatient treatment several years back. I believe I can make it through today (just don't **** me off ).

Last edited by doorknob; 09-09-2008 at 07:48 AM.