Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
nevergivingup
President

PJB.... You're absolutely right. I need to slow down a bit! I always like to be prepared though
Thank you!

Lies.... I missed you! How's everything going?

Hope.... Thank you for your kind words. I do agree, 5 year olds do not need to be stressed out by the mistakes of the adults in their lives. Maybe he won't even ask! Let's just hope

Hangin.... Thank you for trusting my gut better then I do. LOL! I know, just breathe and slow down.

Okay, so I called the lawyer today. His suggestion was that I needed to deny him visitation until he can prove that he's sober with a certificate from the rehab saying that he completed it (we all know how much good that is) and then insist that there be supervision during the visits for a length of time. And, that if he fights it, then we'll go back to court, but that I need to make sure that I deny the visits or I'll be in trouble with the courts and Child Protective Services. He also said, if this is not just a short slip up and he continues using or leaves the rehab, we'll go back to court to have the order changed to remove him. So, now it's just a waiting game to see what he does. But of course, I'm not centering my life around this, so it's not even slightly as traumatic as in the past. Just something that happened. Something that will work itself and I trust that the answers will present themselves when I need them.

I got an email from his mom today. Funny how she's so blind to all of it. Or maybe I'm just marred by the experiences of the past. She's fairly certain he will be okay. She says that she talked to him and that he was worried about Jay and his bills and other normal stuff. I'd love to join in on her optimism, but I'm fairly certain, that this will not be the end of it (history does have a tendency to repeat itself).

She also said that she told him that they told me the truth about what was going on and that he was glad because he didn't want them to lie to me. I'm just slightly insulted by this, but I'm letting it go. How did they think they were going to be able to lie to me for detox+28 day rehab. Wow! They must really think I'm an idiot. So, with that being said, I'm wiping my hands of the whole situation. I'm protecting myself and Jay (legally and emotionally) and just limiting any contact I have with any of them. I really can't find myself tangled up in all of this again!!!!!!

Thanks all! Keep checking in and letting me know how you all are doing!
Corine