Thread: Not doing good
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BayAreaPhoenix

What a terrible weekend, so much emotions.

You've done all you can. It's understandable that the worry is debilitating, but try to do something for you, to soothe yourself. Worrying isn't changing anything, and it doesn't sound like you think it is - that's good.

I don't have any words of wisdom. My own experience with depression from withdrawals was with my (x)AH. He got very depressed when he was tapering last year and did get off the pain killers for a few weeks. He didn't directly threaten suicide (at least not to me), but it was implied, and many times it broke my heart. I have friends in NA and they told me to step away, he needed to feel that low and hopefully he would pick up the phone call for help (it could be his "rock bottom"). I wasn't helping him, they told me. My AH never did reach out for the help, not really. I wish he had. All the anguish he put himself and everyone in his family thru over the holidays - they wanted to help and support him, how could they not? But, after all was said and done, it was still up to him to reach out for the REAL help.

(((hugs))) to you!