Thread: :(
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 10:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
williamsditdoo

Unhappy :(

So I can hear it in my Mom's voice when she's had merely ONE drink.

Tonight was my first football game as a marcher and I went out with some friends to Sonic afterwards!! I told my Mom we were going to Applebees, because that was the original plan. I didn't call and update her and she was mad... but her anger is also increased due to drinking which I could automatically tell after one word.

I got home, apologized and then got onto her about drinking, because she is supposed to be quitting.

I know I was in the wrong, I should have called. I know that if something were to have happened she wouldn't know where I was. I know I screwed up. She won't remember tomorrow though which irritates me.

I know she can't just STOP, but I also know that I am the only person in my family who really wants her to stop excluding my seven year old who is just beginning to take notice. She told my stepdad she was quitting and he was in a pissy mood for a week. He did NOT support her at all, knowing that she is an alcoholic. To me, his response should have been "I won't either so it's easier on you." Her excuses for drinking are stupid too and when I get mad about it she always has an answer. UGH! idon'tknowwhati'msupposedtodo.

And now, tonight she said:

"I take it back, I'm not quitting and the rule is you won't say anything." My bestfriend is hurting herself and her children. She can't drink without mouthing off and the sad part is the next morning when you're awaiting an apology she doesn't even remember.

i'm stuck.