Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nevergivingup
President

Trofnelo.... I just spoke to Tim's mom and sister. They both agreed to what you said. I think we all felt like being overly honest at this point might do more damage then good (his sister has 3 small kids that just love him). So, I'm gonna wait until he asks and then we'll have a whole conversation about daddy needing to be away for work for a little while.

OMG! It's sooo good to hear from everyone!

Helpus... congrats on your daughter's sobriety. I'm sooo glad to hear that she's doing well! I hope you're taking care of yourself! And yes, the cancer thing is good news. The whole thing just knocked me for a loop, but I am just so grateful!

Marle.... 5 year olds are just perfect. He's just so sweet and so much fun to be around. I love spending time with him and just completely miss him when I'm work... my baby! I'm glad to hear that your daughter decided to go to rehab. I know this has been a long road for you! But I also know how incredibly strong you are. You really do deserve to have sooo much joy in your life and I truly hope that she's able to stay sober and you can enjoy every moment with her.

Funky..... OMG!!!!! What a beautiful little baby!!!!!!!!! Soooo sweet! Well, I have been in your exact situation. So if ever you need to talk to someone, I'm here for you. I know how hard it is and I know how scary it is!!!!! Make sure you take care of yourself!

So, I had 2 very long conversations with Tim's mom and sister. The whole thing just seems strange to me, but it's also so interesting for me to hear it from their mouths. They both seem very optimistic about the whole thing, that he'll be okay and that they found him quickly and that it's all going to be okay. Funny, cause I remember thinking the same thing until he broke himself out of the rehab and was back on the street. The thing with Tim is that once he starts, he gets so out of control so quickly. I'm hopeful, but I'm also realistic. I know that this will be a long journey for him and that there may be many more relapses before he finds his way again. But, he's alive and there's hope for him to make better decisions in the future.

I also learned alot of things that I wasn't really aware of. I knew (at some point I think you just know things, like no one has to tell you) that the girl he was seeing was someone that he met at meetings. I was a little uncomfortable with her being around Jay, but I'd never really met her and didn't think I was qualified to make that judgment. But apparently she's still an active drug addict who's much better at hiding her addiction then Tim ever was. And apparently he's somehow felt like he needed to save her, like karma to make up for all that everyone else did for him. But, as we all know, there is no saving an addict, they have to make those choices for themselves. And he unfortunately ended up in the situation where most of us find ourselves... codependant and depressed! It's just a bit ironic in my mind how things have changed so much.

Well, keep those updates coming! I've missed you all soooo much!