View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Abundance

FS..... *if* you think he is suicidal - call 911.

Try to step out of his addiction.... visualize yourself cutting the umbilical cord. Focus on where the pain exactly is. Is it mainly in your stomach? If so - then the umbilical cord visual will help.

Remember H.A.L.T. - Hungry - Angry - Lonely - Tired. If you are any of those things - you are not going to be feeling better.

Stay focused on you - he is going to do what he is going to do.

Withdrawals off of sub is similar to w/d's off of oxy. Keep in mind too - the half life of subs is about 72 hours - which means it will be 72 hours before the w/ds hit the hardest.

Can you get him to a meeting? How about yourself to an al-anon or an NA meeting? I like the NA/AA meetings because it shows me what recovery is really like.

Right now - in this thread - you are thinking about the what if's and having a lot of assumptions. Stay in the present. What is happening right now. You have no control over what is about to happen. It is out of your hands. Take ownership in the present - no future tripping. When something negative pops up or assumptions - change your thinking. RIGHT AWAY!

So you are at work now right? Step outside of yourself and go into auto pilot with your job. What do you have planned after work?

I know this is hard - I do.