View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Homer38
Sober member

its funny i read this as i just left a comment on my thread about tough love.Tough love and being an butthole are 2 totaly different things.If it happened as you described it I would have went off on him too!(not saying thats the right thing).I too have started meetings on my own will,and im glad I started,Ive always been a talker but now im taking action to end my misery of being owned by alcohol. Im only 7 days today and can relate to how you are feeling,I just let the feelings ride out by reading or walking or just coming here to post something,sometimes Ill just babble on in a post but it helps knowing someone is gonna be listening to ME,well reading/listening type of thing. lol

Just do what ya must do not to drink,forget the guy that may have been having a bad day and took it out on you,forget your past and concentrate on the new you.

Ill repeat what I was told by someone the other day,Dont look too far into the future,live for today and when ya havent drank at the end of the day,youll be ok.And then wake up and do the same,just conquer the day,the hour or the moment and everything will be good.