Notices

Hello....I'm New

Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Hello....I'm New

This is my first time in a chat room for this and I hope I'm not intruding. I'm not a chat room person at all but right now I think I need this. Is it o.k to jump in and talk to whoevers here or am I being ride? scared to death
Old 08-29-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome to SR, August! You're in the right place. There is much support here. Just jump in anywhere, or start your own thread.

Once again, welcome to SR!! :ghug3
Old 08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR, August.

Please try starting a new thread so others can get a chance to know you and welcome you. It is easy to get lost when a post is put into an already existing thread like this one.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

.....Glad to see a new member in our Alcoholism Forum
I noticed you are also using other Forums...that's good!

I did move your post into a new thread
so members wil be able to see it better.

Welcome!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome August,

There is lots of support here.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR August. I hope you find as much help here as I have.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Welcome!!! Don't be scared were all about healing and helping here :ghug
Old 08-29-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Welcome, August. You'll find a great group of very supportive and helpful people here. Feel free to talk as much or as little as you like.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I was confused for a second when I first started reading this but I see our wonderful Carol worked some of her magic and started you a new thread. (We love you, Carol)

I know it's scary when you're wanting help but guess what! You're not alone any more. You have just been "adopted" into a wonderfully supportive family of people all over the world who are here for you.

Share as much and as often as you like.

Recovery is possible . . . there are so many on here who are willing to listen and share their experience, strength and hope with you.

God Bless,
Judy

Old 08-29-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Welcome!! Your 2 cents is always welcome. I figure between all of us we might get rich yet!!
Old 09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is August. I forget how to post my own thing!!!! I'm mad and nervous and upset and don't think this is the right way to post something! I got mad at my last alcohol class and yelled at my groups leader because he was telling me how to live and what and what not to do and I thought he was condecending and belittling me and the whole group. He said I was just angry because I was sober and anger is natural once you're sober and mad at the fact you can't drink. (and I could but I choose not to) I AM frustrated but the anger was definatly towards him and nothing else was behind it. Am I nuts for thinking this? Sometimes I feel high when I'm not and all my co workers think I'm on something, all I'm on is sobriety, and for only 9 days. Maybe I AM going nuts. Maybe my brains have been permanently screwed with wiskey. I'm afraid of going off on this same groups leader. Why does everyone want to tell me how I can and can't live. Don't I make my own decisions? This guy made me feel like I was just crawling wasted out from under a dumpster and THANK GOD he was here to help me. I went go to these classes of my own free will. I did think I needed to go because I had a pending dui but dui or not I was already looking around for a place to go to classes to get a grip on myself, and here's this guy looking down his nose at me telling me that NOTHING I do is my own choice. Am I going nuts or what? Maybe this guys right and I'm careening around like a loose bullet. I don't know. It feels like I doing the right things and so far I feel ok.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

August,why don`t you tell us how you really feel?
lol

ease up,it will pass....don`t forget to laugh a little
it ain`t worth drinkin over is it?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

August, it can be an extremely vulnerable position at first to seek sobriety. At times I remember not knowing what was up or down or sideways, questioning everything about myself and everything around me. I think that's normal.

Not to mention the physiological changes, detox that occurs when you stop. It's no limo ride, that's for sure.

Just take it one day at a time.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

August just hang in there, it does get better, nothing is worth drinking over because the only thing drinking does is provide a temporary escape into oblivion, then when reality returns the problem is still there and usually bigger then it was before.

Is your group leader a recovered alcoholic or addict?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

August,
Things get better, a lot better. Take things one minute at a time. If you get frustrated at the meetings express to the group how you feel, exactly how you feel. I never told my family and friends of my problems and addiction and things got out of control. You have a chance to get things better for you, take whatever steps you need to accomlish sobriety. It get's so much better, it just takes a little time and a little patience. You will get there. We are all here as sounding board so let it rip. This site is filled with great people that are here for you. WELCOME.

Shawn
Old 09-04-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober member

its funny i read this as i just left a comment on my thread about tough love.Tough love and being an butthole are 2 totaly different things.If it happened as you described it I would have went off on him too!(not saying thats the right thing).I too have started meetings on my own will,and im glad I started,Ive always been a talker but now im taking action to end my misery of being owned by alcohol. Im only 7 days today and can relate to how you are feeling,I just let the feelings ride out by reading or walking or just coming here to post something,sometimes Ill just babble on in a post but it helps knowing someone is gonna be listening to ME,well reading/listening type of thing. lol

Just do what ya must do not to drink,forget the guy that may have been having a bad day and took it out on you,forget your past and concentrate on the new you.

Ill repeat what I was told by someone the other day,Dont look too far into the future,live for today and when ya havent drank at the end of the day,youll be ok.And then wake up and do the same,just conquer the day,the hour or the moment and everything will be good.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Patrick you wear sobriety well my friend!