View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tormented22267

Again, thank you to all for your encouraging remarks. I click the 'thanks' button, but it just doesn't seem like enough sometimes.

You are all right - it did feel better just to get it off my chest. Even if he didn't 'hear' all that I said, I said it and I've been wanting to say alot of it for a long time. And I am beginning to hear all the blatant manipulations for what they really are... :chatter To me he sounds like a child crying for his mommy to help him. Well, he is not a child, and I'm certainly not his Mommy! And, the whole 'it was a vodka day' excuse just kills me. I too, just felt like banging my head against a wall. I mean really, how do they think of these things? And, do they honestly not know how ridiculous they sound when they give these kinds of 'crazy' excuses. How do you know you are an alcoholic? When you tell your XGF that you were having a 'vodka day' to try to excuse the inexcusable!! (I don't mean to make fun - I know A's have their own set of issues, but c'mon!)

One last thing I thought of today. My 7yr didn't want me to walk him up to the school doors this morning for his 1st day of school (and, I had to give him a kiss and hug before we even left for school!). He is a 'big boy' now and wanted to get in line with the rest of the second graders all by himself. Mr. Independent!! Although it broke my heart realizing that my little boy is just growing up way too fast, I was also proud of the strong independence my son is showing.

Too bad my 41 yr old XABF isn't as mature, independent, or able to take care of himself as well as my 7 yr old. Sad.