View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
devilhasme

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
What do you want to do?
Not what your husband or son want .... but you.

You are the most important person involved in your situation.
I see a lot of pain in your writing ...

Try to relax...you have found a great site to share on.
We have lots of information and supportive members who understand.

Please keep posting....
My quote pertained to my life so far as a mother and my son not needing me any more.

I feel like in some way, I was feeling very depressed. It was right around his seventeenth birthday when that fateful day came that we went to store just for the hell of it.

Oddly enough, my husband never drank what he bought for himself. I ended up drinking it and for a while, I would buy a replacement, drink it eventually and buy a replacement and drink it, finally I was like, he won't even know its gone because he will never drink it.

My decision to stop drinking is my own. Its because, I don't want to be an addict and I want my life back and I don't want to wish the day away until I have the chance the drink.

When I made the decision to stop, I actually felt very strong because I knew, he would be so happy. Thats why his reaction was so shocking to me and then I felt very weak, so weak...

I dropped my son off at College Saturday. I miss him terribly, he is one of my best friends. We hung out together and are very close. I'm afraid my weakness at this moment and all going on around me will make it very dificult for me.