View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
chip

Welcome to SR,
We support you in your efforts to quit drinking, and stay sober. Congrats on day 4!

One thing someone told me early on in my sobriety was: One day at a time. I apply this to everything from relationships to work...if I can just get through one day without a drink, I'll be alright. I started focusing on each hour when things got hard. Day after day, I've stayed away from a drink.

As many of us go along, we find other methods of coping with the stresses of life and the peer pressure around us. Having a community of sober individuals in recovery helps many of us stay sober ourselves.

Just reading your post and taking the time to reply has helped me in my own recovery.

I hope you find a contented and happy life in sobriety. Changes will happen. Life doesn't become easier, but it's much better without the crushing burden of an alcohol problem. Alcoholism is a disease of the mind, and the disease tells us we are ok. I found that I need to be careful when I feel good. It's easy to slip back into previous patterns. It's a miracle that I'm sober....It's been through prayer, the use of this website, AA, and the help of others that I stay sober.

You are not alone. Keep up the good work.
chip