View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 01:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
maloneshawn32

Hi Rainbow,

Can't help much with the relationship issue except to say that if your SO isn't going to help with your not drinking then maybe it is time to move on. Easier said than done of course. Try and speak to her about her drinking habits and have her join you. It is painful to leave the people you care about but if she won't help you might need to help her by putting a little seperation between the two of you. Hopefully she will see the new you and want to be a part of that. But don't completly bail on her, she might need your support one day with this very same problem.
As far as not having something to do or not being social there are plenty of things to do that are plenty of fun without getting hammered. Trust me I was far worse of than you and feel great. Nothing beats waking up feeling good and not having all the issues associated with getting ripped. Your mind and body will thank you for it. For now just take it one minute at a time, aminute quickly turns into a day and then a week. Good luck with yourself and your SO, I hope things can work out for the two of you. Some things take time.

Shawn