View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Summer2008

I'm back at my house after spending the last 5 days/nights with alcoholic boyfriend. We spent two days out of town and then the remainder at his house. It was supposed to be a "vacation" for US, however it actually turned out to be a drinking binge for him.

According to him, things are slowing down in regards to his drinking. Yeah right, I know better. As much as he says he loves me, and knowing how I feel about his drinking, obviously the love he has or says wasn't enough for him to refrain from drinking all weekend. Needless to say he had a better 5 days then I did.

We got numerous things done around his house that he wanted done, (while helping him, I'm thinking to myself, this was my "going away" present to him). I can not nor will I live my life with an alcoholic.

I was proud of myself for the way I handled things over the weekend, including refusing to get on the 4 wheeler with him since he had been drinking. I also did not run to his aide when he feel off the 4 wheeler and I watched him get up so I knew at least I didn't have to call an ambulance.

Every time he would misplace a beer and say I hid it, I told him, NOPE, you just don't remember where you put it. That is the truth. I've watched him stumble around all weekend, fall asleep before dark and sleep till 9 or so the next morning and repeat his actions from the day before.

Where I go from here, I dunno. One minute, one step at a time right?????