Old 08-30-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lizziesd
Always Hopeful

Unhappy On Moving after the relationship w an alkie is over

I was feeling strong today. After 3 weeks of hell. This last week I have bee feeling strong and realizing that having my XAB break up with me was a good thing in the long run. Today I went to his myspace page to see what he is up to and I shouldn't have. Is it typical for alcoholics to move on so fast into other relationships? Here I am still HEALING. I see that he is already in a relationship with a girl 8 yrs younger than him. This is online of course because he is still deployed. She is apparently moving here to be with him when he returns. She has a 2 yr. old boy and she is expecting a baby and he is going to be the baby's father. It hurts to see that he has moved on so quickly, while I am still healing and for the life of me, I can't imagine getting into another relationship right now. The alcoholics are not the ones that suffer. The alcohol numbs their pain. We are the ones hurting and picking up the pieces. It seems so unfair. He is already happy in love, ready to be a father of two and I am still hurting while being single and sober.
I thought I was doing well and this is setting me back. I am feeling nostalgic and mad. I just dont understand how it can be so easy for him to move on and find a relationship and it's not easy for me to do so. It seems unfair that he is so happy and I am lonely and heartbroken still.