Thread: Cant sleep
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Trish, with everything you have on your plate, it's no wonder you can't sleep!

When I get overwhelmed, before I go to bed at night and say my thank you's to God for the day, I turn everything over to Him. After all, we're not the writers of the script that's our lives.

Pick one situation that you can do something about, like the fines you owe to the Court. Have you talked to them about setting up a payment plan? You can only do so much, you're not going to be able to worry yourself to the point of having it magically paid off. I don't mean for that to sound cold or sarcastic, just something I had to learn myself.

Pain just down right sucks, believe me, I live with it everyday. But, it's something that I had to accept . . . surgery can't help my diseases so I make the best of it. I know my limits as far as what I can and cannot do. I'm so glad to see that you aren't still trying to convince yourself or your Dr. that there is a safe pill the he/she can give you to make it all better. We're addicts, it's simply not an option for some of us.

I know you have struggled for some time now, but it seems like you're on the right path in Recovery. I know I see so many changes in you that at times, I tear up from happiness reading your threads. You've come a long way, Baby!

One Day at A Time my Friend, One Day at A Time.

Loves ya,
Judy