Notices

Cant sleep

Old 08-30-2008, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Cant sleep

Havent been able to sleep for a good 3 weeks or so.
I get off work at midnight and find myself going to bed about 5 or 6 am.
Today is my Saturday a month to work. And I have to be there at 9am. It is 5:37 now.
I feel pressure to fall asleep. And can't. Then during the week I dont get up until 2pm. 1 hour before I have to leave for work.
It is not a good schedule at all.

Got my xray results back. I have arthritis in my lower back and a buldging disk. YAY..No wonder I have been in serious pain for over a month. Cant hardly stand up or walk some days.

Job handed out the release forms for us to sign for the drug screening and background checks yesterday. They will be telling me to kick rocks when they get that back.

No money saved toward a car yet. That is a good and bad thing.

Got a suspension letter for my license yesterday. So now I have to pay $75 for that. Got to pay the court $387 in 2 months.

I am exhausted. Smoking like a freight train and eating like I never seen food before.

But I am not high or planning on it. Whoopy..I am so blah right now.

I need to get away. From what I dont know. But I know there is a beautiful beach calling my name somewhere.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs Chi, not sleeping sucks!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hang in there, Chiy. I know what it feels like to not be able to sleep... and it does especially suck when you know you have to be up in a certain number of hours!

I'm sorry to hear about your back. Living in pain is a horrible thing. But now that you know what's wrong, maybe something can be done to fix it? Or at least make it better?

I hope that today is better for you than yesterday was.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sleeping is really hard Trish. I get like that too, especially when I know I have busy day the next day. It just makes it harder to get to sleep and it's so frustrating. Hang in there!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know how you feel!

I am going through this same thing. Almost every night I cannot go to sleep. Sometimes I can't sleep until 6 AM and then I have to get up in the morning. So by the time I finally drift off to sleep, I have to get back up. I'm exhausted.

The only reason I fell asleep last night was because I had not slept the night before. Even when I do sleep, I wake up after 4 hours so I never get more than that.

I definitely know what you are going through!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Weird,

I was just thinking about what I did to cause my lower back to hurt and if it was related to not sleeping at night and tossing and turning. I come from a family of chronic insomniacs and I gotta say, sleep is better at times, but for the most part I don't notice a difference on the booze or off. I fall asleep great, it is the 2am and beyond that I flip and flop every 30 mins. I wonder what I could accomplish if I wasn't always groggy and tired?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Trish, with everything you have on your plate, it's no wonder you can't sleep!

When I get overwhelmed, before I go to bed at night and say my thank you's to God for the day, I turn everything over to Him. After all, we're not the writers of the script that's our lives.

Pick one situation that you can do something about, like the fines you owe to the Court. Have you talked to them about setting up a payment plan? You can only do so much, you're not going to be able to worry yourself to the point of having it magically paid off. I don't mean for that to sound cold or sarcastic, just something I had to learn myself.

Pain just down right sucks, believe me, I live with it everyday. But, it's something that I had to accept . . . surgery can't help my diseases so I make the best of it. I know my limits as far as what I can and cannot do. I'm so glad to see that you aren't still trying to convince yourself or your Dr. that there is a safe pill the he/she can give you to make it all better. We're addicts, it's simply not an option for some of us.

I know you have struggled for some time now, but it seems like you're on the right path in Recovery. I know I see so many changes in you that at times, I tear up from happiness reading your threads. You've come a long way, Baby!

One Day at A Time my Friend, One Day at A Time.

Loves ya,
Judy
Old 08-30-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're a little depessed. You know getting out of the house to the beach would really help but getting the motivation to do that when you are tired and in pain is HARD. I'm in the same boat with eating junk, feeling really tired and my neck pain is off the chart lately. I promised myself I'd go with my dog out to the beach or redwoods or something because I know I'lll feel better for it but getting out of here is going to be quite a task. Here's to us getting out of the house today, being around nature and feeding our souls..........
Old 08-30-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

((((Trish)))) use the program, talk to your spionsor and other members and you HP.

Kevin
Old 08-30-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
things as it is

Read the Big Book. Put ya to sleep in no time!

Old 08-30-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Chiy!
Sorry that you're having a rough time of it. Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you.

Hang in there!

BHJ
Old 08-30-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wish for you a peaceful slumber tonight Trish..............