Old 08-30-2008, 03:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
fndngserenity
Perfectly Imperfect

Hi TroubleDone. I'm sorry to hear you are having to go through this right now. All that I can say is that at some point.....her chances are going to run out and maybe, just maybe at that point, the reality of it all will be scary enough for her to want to change.

I say "unbelievable" too many times a day to count. I am also one of those people who is on that rollercoaster ride that never stops until you decide to jump off. Well, I don't like heights so I stay on the ride. Don't like the flips and turns either but all I can see if I jump off is severe pain. I think I will stick with the nausea and anxiety for now.

I know God must be trying to teach me something by this experience. Strength maybe? Patience? I'm not sure. We must be some of the most patient people out there. Sitting quiet, absorbing all the lies and just listening to our loved ones. I know that they say knowledge is power but I tell you, the more I read, the more scared and depressed I get. The statistics, the signs someone is using. The truth stares me back in all of these posts and makes me sick to my stomach.

This is not an easy situation for us family and friends but like they said above, as angry as we might get at them sometimes, a lot of these addicts cannot help it. If you go into the Narcotics forum, check out the post "To Callie". It describes what the addiction does to their brain. SCARY!!!!!

Well, talk to you soon. Hugs & Prayers