Old 08-28-2008, 08:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Master G

Originally Posted by fu7pink View Post
Hi Master G, Thank you for your honesty it has given me the confidence to make this my first post also. I too drink way more than is good for me or anyone around me. I too have been going through the cycle of I feel great cause I haven't drank so i'll have a drink, can't stop at one, so feel like crap the next day and the only thing that makes me feel better is another drink then I feel ultra crap the next day and decide not to drink then feel good again and the cycle still turns...

Today i found this forum because I am too embarrassed to go to my doctor or to AA or couselling... But I know I need help.

I have tried to stop on my own before but I too have had terrible anxiety and don't know what to do with myself so i drink again.

Good Luck and know that you are not alone.
Thank you so much fu7Pink, I am deeply honored that I could help you start posting :day4 We have a lot of things in common.

I made it through my event but not without having to turn down multiple drinks & some shocking responses... including "its sad to see you drinking water"

One of my clients friends got wasted & I was the one trying to take care of her & make sure she was ok... trying to find her jacket for an hour... dealing with her putting herself in bad situations with other drunk guys... spending an hour to unsuccessfully get her to come into a cab with us & the list goes on.

The next day at another all day event & I was the one taking care of a coworker that got hammered & was doing some pretty silly things (Customers & coworkers all saw what was going on as she was looking for & attracting the wrong kind of attention)

Dont get me wrong... we have all been there & I am not trying to get on some high horse (I have been "that guy" many times). Its just weird being on the other side.. but in a good way

All of the best

It seems that I have switched roles from the drunk party guy to the person that takes care of the drunks (My regional manager even thanked me for helping out in regards to that situation today)

Hmmmm I hope I can stay on the helping side

All the best to all of you in recovery & thanks for reading