Old 08-28-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Troubledone

How many times a day do you say to yourself - Unbelievable!

I think I say it about 100 times.

I can't believe my niece got addicted to meth.

I can't believe she became a drug dealer and has two felonies because of it.

I can't believe she was facing 12 years in prison, got probation and then started selling again (she never stopped using).

I can't believe she lied to me, her po, the judge, the workhouse, my entire family about her use for the past two years, all the time telling us she was clean - and got away with it for so long - even though she was taking UA's at the courthouse every week.

I can't believe she lost another car because she fled an officer, they caught her and in this state that means you forfeit your car.

I can't believe she's "in love" with the criminal boyfriend and tells me she's going to marry him (oh brother!)- and she says he's not a criminal because even though he uses and sells drugs, he doesn't have a felony record (I guess in drug-land, you are only guilty if you get caught).

How blind can a person be?

So now, she has another pending drug charge (they haven't charged her yet, but it's out there), which could mean more time hanging over her head. The criminal boyfriend is working with the detectives now in hopes that they won't charge either of them (nice loyalty - with freinds like addicts, who needs enemies?)

She will do 8 months in jail for the probation violation (fleeing an officer). I'm thilled that will cool the romance a little (I hope).

I can't believe how lucky she is. Even the prosecutor wants to give her a chance becuase she has a college degree, graduated *** laude and is very bright - so after the 8 months in jail, they will put her in a new drug court program.

I am hoping she gets a clue. I guess the new program puts them into 8 months out patient rehab, requires bi-weekly visits to the judge, AA meetings, therapy, etc. And if she messes up again - she's looking at a minimum of 4 years in prison.

I'm hoping some day I can believe she's clean.

Thanks for listening.