View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coolmummy

Hi

I'm only 12 days in and struggling to deal with the headache, let alone the emotional stuff, so don't know if I'm qualified to help!! However, I've suffered from hideous depression for most of my adult life, been in a busive realtionships, have had a dodgy relationship with my mother forever (although that's a bit calmer now) and spent a lot of my childhood in hospital, so have an idea of what it's like trying to 'bury' the past. I've been through the odd bits of counselling etc, but have come to a point where i guess I just have to accept that my life happened and i can't change it - what I CAN change is to stop drinking healvily to try and get rid of it , and to move on - look forward and not back. I have three amazing children, one of whom's childhood I pretty much desroyed through my drinking and I hate the thought that she may look back and have dreadful memories. It's almost as if I wanted her to suffer as I did.
The biggest thing I can say is that it's better to look at the world through clear glass than a glass full of alcohol - maybe then I can begin to let go of the bitterness and hatred I feel for so much of my life.

I don't know if that made any sense! Good luck!

sas xx