Thread: Lost & confused
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
kemarus

I guess I'm hearing what I needed to hear. Things are going to be difficult and I just have to give it to my HP and pray that we will come out of it ok. One good thing is that this seems to be his bottom. He went to AA for the first time and admitted for the first time that he was an alcoholic. He is doing it for him and not for me or because of his legal issues. He's already been told by his lawyer that AA isn't going to help him a whole lot with what he is facing. He said that he knows that and that's not the reason he's going to AA. He's going because he wants and needs help. If this sobriety is for real (I don't fool myself for one minute thinking that it's over) and he sticks with it, I guess what we are facing will be worth it in the end and that is what I need to focus on. I see wonderful changes in him, in our relationship, in the relationship with our kids and for that I am thankful. Even more important, my time in Al-anon has given me a peace that I haven't had in years. I am starting to find myself again. I'm reading Codependent No More and that is huge in helping me along. So...am I right that I should just take this for what it is right here and now and let what happens happen?