View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ananda

Dealing with life as it is

How do you stay connected to others when you are feeling really really in pain?

I am realizing that I am really sliding in a direction where I am likely to drink or just as bad...be absolutely miserable for a long time. I expect that I won't drink out of plain old stuborness for a while, but if I don't learn to deal with this differently, I don't think I will find it worth staying sober indefinately.

I think I am still doing fair at thinking of and helping other people. Being connected is important for me and can get me "out of" the pain temporarily and I need breaks....but I am not really working through the pain so to speak.

How do you effectively communicate to others the pain you are in without it being self pity (I am assuming there are other painful emotions that are not self pity)?

How do you put yourself in a situation to recieve physical hugs and comfort? even baby's need that, I don't think we out grow it.

How do you find people who can comfort you when you are in pain without having to rush to fixing you thier way...or getting past the pain without really dealing with it...sorta just pushing it down and covering it up?

Can I stop caring about my feelings and still care about others and have a good life?

I decided to post here in the hopes I would get some input from a different perspective.
:ghug
Thanks for any secular input.