View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 10:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rose56

I loved this movie too, I loved Dori the best. "Are you following me?" LOL I would have to say that my Nemo has always been approval and acceptance by others and God. I have been chasing after this for as long as I can remember. Placing this approval before anything else. Since I have been married, 20 years, my Nemo has been my husband. Always chasing after him, trying to save him, giving up myself for him, and yet trying to control him too. Trying to keep us safe, being over protective of him and my kids. Somehow I was trying to acheive peace for me by doing this. Doesn't work.

I also love the letting go part and the 12 step sharks!

There is another movie that comes to mind. The Banger Sisters. In this movie, one character, Vinnie, recreates herself by erasing her past and becoming someone else. The problem is that she looses herself in the process. She becomes very beige. This is a problem that I can relate to. Getting involved with a man means that I loose myself and place the man and his interests first. SO the question for 2004 is how to I learn to place myself first?