View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GreenEyedGirl39

Trying not to get upset

My AH screwed up our finances soooo bad this year. Since I got sick with my bone disease, I let him take over the finances (before I knew he was addicted). Anyway, I took over the finances and in a matter of 4 weeks pretty much got all the bills fairly current. (prior everything was 3 months behind, including our mortgage and he did not pay our property taxes for 2007 to which they were beginning to put a lien on our home). So, I got mostly everything paid with a few bills just a few weeks behind and I made a payment plan on the back taxes.

But, then I got hit Friday with a $100 auto deduction I didn't know about for Ju-jitsu classes. I knew about him going to them before, but I didn't know for how much and he told me they were on hold for awhile. Well I had $175 for groceries this week and bam, there went $100 of it. I was so mad and I had asked him for all of the auto deductions and when (to write them down-still haven't got that, he just tells me.) So, I asked him to cancel and he says he signed a 2 year contract!!! Without asking me!! I am so mad! I didn't know the exact shape of our finances, but I am not a moron, and I knew something was up with the bill collectors calling. But he always said, next month we will be caught up, yada-yada.

So here I am doing everything to stay afloat and I had wanted to put $100 away each month for Xmas. But I can't with this $100 coming out for a excercise class he goes to every once in a blue moon. I want to start cutting expenses and here he is going to this stupid thing tonight that we can't afford. I can't help it, but it makes me angry. I keep seeing it as bill money or my son's Xmas money. And then he had the nerve to mention something about some online game for $20 a month. Are you kidding me? I am just getting so tired of the fact of his childishness. And what about me? My birthday is tomorrow and I am not getting anything. To be honest, I forgot it was birthday until this afternoon. I will be working on it and that night I have orientation at my son's school.

I can't help it. I feel bitter. I also had a few calls today from collectors. I had planned on paying the cell phone bill on Friday, but I just got a reminder that if I don't they will shut it off. So, my mind went in a tail spin and my stomach in knots. Like I said, I am doing everything I can to keep my head above the water and keep the wolf away from the door. I don't even know how I will pay next years property taxes (we don't have an escrow with our mortgage). I am sooo tired of being in a perpetual anxiety attack. I know, do the best with what you got. And I do. But it just irks me that he is so irresponsible and childish and he let things get this bad. And don't worry about him, he has Ju-Jitsu for 2 more years! Have a good time AH, I get library books you shmuck!

Sorry, I need that rant. And yeah, a real happy birthday to me. NOT!