View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mr B

Spoke to social worker

It seems that, after the meeting on Friday, our social worker spoke to the alcohol support case worker about XAGF. It seems the case worker said that she thought XAGF was sober(!) It's a complicated situation but I get the feeling that SW isn't putting much weight by the case worker's opinion any more.

Now I've had some more time for the emotional reaction to subside enough for me to be a bit more rational, I've decided that unless SW can come up with a very convincing reason otherwise, I'm treating this as a relapse on XAGF's part which means her contact with the children will be reduced. There is an agreement between XAGF, SW and myself for how contact should ramp up over time provided XAGF remains ok and for it to reset back to a few hours a week if she's not. What constitutes 'OK' is rather vague so, if nothing else, this episode will serve to make that more definite.

It will mean that overnight stays will be out of the question for another 6 months which is sad for the kids, but it's better that when they do get to have an overnight, their mother will be sober enough for it to be good.

Thanks for all the support,
Mr B.