View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mr B

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
Since the meeting was to discuss a possible overnight, I think I would have said something about my suspicions simply because it could have impact on that possible overnight. But I also like the sugestion to reschedule the meeting and leave.
Barbara, that was pretty much my thoughts, too, but... I think, at heart, I slipped back into a state of willing denial. I couldn't quite believe that she wouldn't be sober for that meeting. Neither could I understand the way it seemed, in the meeting at least, that I was the only one to suspect XAGF wasn't sober. I also think that my indecision was partly fuelled by fear - what if I was wrong? What if I was over-reacting? And, I think, a fear also of what would happen if I was right...

Bah. Once again I fell into a state of indecision bred by fear of the consequences of confronting XAGF's alcoholism. It's not helped by the fact that I feel compelled to play this according to the social worker's opinions, but they're so vague it makes it really hard for me to find a level that feels 'right'.

Thanks for all the support.
Mr B.